Webmaster

Thursday, August 20, 2015

uBreakiFix photo shoot

You know how they say not to judge a book by its cover?  Lesson learned when I showed up for this photo shoot and a young man drove up in a very fancy Mercedes.  He was wearing shorts and had a sort of scruffy appearance, and I thought he might have just finished washing the bosses' car. Turns out he was Justin Wetherill, the founder and CEO of the Orlando-based technology repair company "uBreakiFix", and one of my subjects for the photos that day.  Luckily I didn't put my foot in my mouth and we ended up having a very productive and fun day shooting the three company founders, a store, repairs and the warehouse.
Justin and two friends had recently graduated from the University of Central Florida, when they came up with the idea of repairing phones after finding limited options in 2009.  With no loans or venture capital funds they have expanded from doing repairs in their garage, to bringing in nearly $50 million in 2014 with 125 locations nationwide.
I was hired by See Spark Go, an Athens Georgia "media relations" company, which I think is another word for P.R. firm.
http://www.seesparkgo.com/
These photos will be used for editorial articles about the company and founders.

This is CEO Justin.  See how I was fooled?











uBreakiFix specializes in same-day repair of small electronics, repairing cracked screens, water damage and other technical problems at its more than 100 stores nationwide.
https://www.ubreakifix.com/



Photography on location for advertising, editorial, corporate, video, magazine, architecture and sports clients in the Orlando and Central Florida area.



LinkedIn


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message here or email me at: steve@stevewilliamsphoto.com